Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sassy Kat Adjustments

The only kitty bucket I could find with a wire bale is 12.5 tall and the diameter across in the inside is 11 and 11.5 outside. Since this is my first one and want to use it for a baby shower, I want it to look nice. How would you suggest I enlarge the pattern to make it fit?


The pattern has an adjustment for a 12 inch high bucket. I would add an inch to the bottom of the body on the outside. You could increase the depth of the pockets by a half inch, but I probably wouldn’t. Regarding the inside measurements, the pattern is made for a 10 by 12 inch bucket. I would just draw a pattern from the base of your kitty litter bucket and add a half inch to all sides. So if your bucket was 11 X 11 inches, I would make a rounded square bottom 12 X12. That would allow for a half inch seam allowance on all sides. Pin the darts and fit the body to your new base before you do any stitching.


BTW, I use both the wire and the plastic bales. I would love to have a picture of your finished bucket. What a great idea! Let me know if you have any questions.

Does the center piece do anything except divide it in half.  I am thinking I don't want it divided.
The center piece serves no structural purpose.  The walls of the kitty scoop bucket are rigid enough to hold it’s shape without the wooden dowel in the center divider.  Sounds like a winner to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment