Thursday, November 8, 2012

Back from Houston - Mini Quilt Break

Check my FB page for my newest mini quilt at www.facebook.com/BGW.patterns
This is a practice mini quilt about our summer vacation. I will make another, then tackle the larger one. I learned a lot of neat techniques at the many workshops and lectures I attended at the Houston Quilt Festival. One that I am anxious to try is using rattail to bind quilts.  I will probably use it on this little one, and then try the facing technique that another person taught.  I'll pull my notes and handouts and give the teachers full credit for their great classes. 
My patterns did quite well in Hissyfitz's booth.  Just the Go Bucket and the Mug Bucket traveled.  It was a good showing for sure. I saw some interesting products that I will try in future patterns or in updates.  Some things were just old tricks with new names and prices. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment